I got the little quilt finished. Here it is:
It measures 42" x 47" and unfortunately the light was not at its best the day I took this photo.
Doesn't show up too well in this photo but believe me you could see them.
I had to think of a solution fast. This is what I came up with:
3 dimensional butterflies !
They were quite easy to make - just used my template cut a bit smaller, to draw around on a piece of folded fabric, right sides together. After sewing, cut a hole in the back and turn right side out. They are free motion quilted into position and will NEVER come off!
I finished them off with a crocheted body using funky fur yarn.
We had a bit of brightness this day and the light shows up the true colours of the quilt.
Back to the dull shots now, but they do show up the quilting nicely. BTW, the quilting was done freehand on a Janome 1600 which is not on a frame.
Enjoy the weekend.