Friday 29 March 2013

Feathers, bags and more feathers!


Hi everyone

It been a busy week here, getting quite a few little pieces finished.
First off, an order for a couple of bags and my first excuse to do some feathers :

                                                                                and.....

                                                                        this... became...

                                                                           these!



Next up I finished this Kindle cover - it has feathers quilted all over but they are hard to see.


In between this I have pieced together two bed runners for twin 6 year old boys.  I will be quilting them next week so photos soon.
Yesterday I started making a couple of ipad covers - just yet another excuse for some FMQ.

This was the first one - done on some pretty fabric with dragonflies on it.  I used a 4oz polyester wadding for a nice puffy effect.


This is the second one.  I really went to town and played with different threads.  Gutermann varigated Sulky and Wonderfil metallic threads which if I'l honest are a pain to work with but worth the effect.

The fabric I used for this was hand dyed by a lady who comes to our quilt show every year.  Her stall is called Images of Egypt but unfortunately she does not have a website.  I LOVE her fabrics!!


I used Hobbs Heirloom 80/20 wadding for this one.



So that's what I've been up to this week.
I'm planning  to get these covers made up today then onto other projects.
Hope you all have a lovely Easter.
Rhianon.

6 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Anytime I see the word feathers from you; I have to look!! Gorgeous

Wanda Jane said...

I always love looking at your works of art .. your work is so beautiful .. I wish I could watch you doing the fmq .. maybe you could do a video showing how you do it .. but then again, I guess you wouldn't want to give away any secrets .. lol .. keep the pics coming, your work is so inspiring .. maybe one day I will have the nerve to try .. lol ... God bless you and yours during this Easter time

M-R Charbonneau said...

Wow, gorgeous, Rhianon! You are the feather queen!

Unknown said...

You are truly amazing.

Queenie Believe said...

Your work is always a treat to come and see, absolutely beautiful. The hand dyed fabrics with you amazing quilting is a work of art.
Have a wonderful Easter weekend.
Always, Queenie

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

Your quilting (and embroidery, of course!) is beautiful. I have yet to work with feathers... Maybe when I 'grow up' I will quilt like you do! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...