Friday 8 March 2013

Cupcake Cushion

Hello there.
This week I've been working on a pair of commissioned cushions. They are for 2 little girls and I hope they are gonna love them.


The lady who asked me to make them had seen my owl cushion but said I could do something different if I wanted.  Ok then, thinking cap on!

I found this cute cupcake fabric and decided to use that.  I drew the design from the fabric.

Then used Bondaweb to do the applique.

The lettering was put down the same way and it was then ready for quilting.

                                                          Center section completed.

                                                  Big stippling for the outer borders.

                                                             Close up of lettering.



The second cushion is almost complete and I have been working on another couple of small items.

This is the back of one of them...... I'll show you what it is next time and the other cushion.
Enjoy your weekend everyone.
Rhianon.

6 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

WOW ... what super work... want to see the other one onw xxx

M-R Charbonneau said...

Gorgeous!

Susan Lawson said...

Very cute cushion! and I love your free motion feather quilting!

Irishredhead said...

My friend your work is stupendous as always. Love the cupcake! The bubbles around the cupcake are great and then there are two hearts. I learn so much from you every project you make. Thanks for being my mentor!

Irishredhead said...

P.S. I cant wait to see what the other project is going to become!

Bonnie

Irishredhead said...

My friend your work is stupendous as always. Love the cupcake! The bubbles around the cupcake are great and then there are two hearts. I learn so much from you every project you make. Thanks for being my mentor!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...