Wednesday 13 March 2013

Quilted Bags


I had a bit of a bag making frenzy last week, thanks to Jenny Doan from the Missourri Star Quilt Co.
I watched Jenny's video and thought it would be great to make one for my Mum for Mother's day.



I've used all batiks for my bags - the blue ones were a Tonga Treats (Coastal) charm pack from The Fat Quarter Shop in the US and the reds were a charm pack I was gifted from Crafts and Quilts here in the UK.

This bag used 12 charms and the bigger one used 24.


I used a spare piece of the handles to make a tab for closing it.  A simple press stud fastener cover by a Suffolk puff just finishes it off nicely I think.

Couldn't resist working some feathers....


These bags have got to be the easiest pattern I've ever done.  If you'd like to make one, you can find Jenny's tutorial here.


I tried my hand at some snow dying this week, it was fun and I'll show you the results in my next post.
Til then
Happy Stitchin'
Rhianon.

4 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

very nice Rhianon! I love bags and have been making a few lately too....yours are very pretty!

Susan Lawson said...

Very nice, I've never really had much luck with bags, but these are nice looking and hopefully as easy as you say, I may have to try one myself!

Diane-crewe said...

am heading over now to have a read of the tutorials x they look wonderful x

Unknown said...

I love the bags. And they have gorgeous style!
www.saclancelboutiqueparis.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...