Friday 16 September 2011

Pretty Pinwheels Baby Quilt - Thank Goodness it's Finished, Friday Party.

Hello everyone.

Today I am taking part in a Thank Goodness It's Finished, Friday Party.
My quilt I've finished is this Pinwheel baby quilt.
I had a set of really pretty floral, girly fabrics that had been hanging about in my stash for a long time, so it is finally good to have them used up.

It was machine pieced and machine quilted.
                                                    Detail

Apologies for the poor lighting in this shot but I love how it shows up the puffy texture of the quilt.

I usually have several projects on the go at once and so I am going to sneak in a wee link to this little wall hanging I recently finished.
Here is the link to that post.
http://rhianontaylor.blogspot.com/2011/09/trapunto-butterfly.html

I loved working on this trapunto butterfly and have plans to do something on a larger scale.  Watch this space!!
If you have not visited my blog before, you would be very welcome to come and have a visit.

Do you have any work you have recently completed  ?  Want to join the Friday fun ?
All you have to do is head over to Quilt Matters and link your post. 
Here is the link  http://quiltmatters.blogspot.com/2011/09/thank-goodness-its-finished-friday.html

I can't wait to see what everyone else has been up to so I'm heading over there right now.  Hope to see you there.
Have a great weekend  - I hope it is filled with lots of sewing!
See you all next time
Rhianon.

5 comments:

susan said...

love that traputo butterfly!!

greatings from Susan

Debbie said...

Love the soft effect of the girly baby quilt. Beautiful butterfly. Great work.

M-R Charbonneau said...

Oh, Rhianon! I love the colour combinations of your baby quilt - so warm and fun. The recipient of that quilt is very lucky. Your trapunto butterfly is simply stunning! Wow! Trapunto is one technique I've yet to try but I've got it in mind for one of my wips. Thanks so much for linking up with TGIFF!

Ivory Spring said...

Oh, how beautiful - both of your projects!

Crowing Moon said...

thats really pretty but the butterfly is amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...