Saturday 24 September 2011

EDINBURGH QUILT SHOW 2011 (sept)

Ok , Apologies for having to split this post into two parts.
Enjoy the rest of the show.











I hoped you enjoyed this selection of quilts from the show.  There were a lot of quilts there and I know I didn't take photos of them all.   I got everything I wanted - King Tut thread, 505 basting spray , couple of scrap bags ( I love scrap bags), lots of fabric , beads, selection of magazines and my favourite purchase was a fat Quarter pack of Robert Kaufman's Valley of the Kings range. Have to say they were NOT cheap - but they are so lovely.  I adore those fabrics and have been eyeing them up online for a while now.   I feel a major project coming on !!

Also at this show, I had a go on a long arm quilting machine for the very first time.  It was so strange to move the machine and not the fabric - kinda the opposite of what I have been doing but I loved it.   I would love a long arm - it's going to take me a long time to save for one of them  - they cost £4000 !  Oh well I can dream!
Until the next time
happy stitching.
Rhianon.

1 comment:

Linda Coleman said...

Thanks Rhianon for posting the photos of the quilts. Looks like you got quite a haul at the show. You'll have to start saving your pennies for the next one.
LindaC

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...