Friday 2 September 2011

Hand Dyed Quilted Cushion #2

When I dyed the fabric for the cushion in the previous post, I also did another panel.  This time the colours were purples, browns and rusts.
I made this panel into another cushion.

I machine quilted a pretty feathers and flowers design.

                                               Close up of quilting.

 

Detail of hand appliqued butterfly.


More detail.

Again this cushion has a white satin ruffle with cream lace.
I love how these cushions turned out -I think they are pretty and girly.

Today I started a new quilt using bright batiks ( my favourite) on a black background.  It has already been claimed by daughter #1 !!!
Tonight I hope to get the binding sewn onto the baby quilt, so perhaps another post before the weekend is out.
Hope you all have a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by.
Rhianon.

5 comments:

Rona said...

Your cushions are beautifully feminine. I can just see them in a very classy bedroom. Lovely FMQ too.

Carol said...

Oh Rhianon ... what beautiful work you do!!! I am soooooo envious of your talent!!! Beautiful !

Anonymous said...

Wow! They are beautiful cushions... and machine quilted too, what did you dye them with?

Crowing Moon said...

Stunning

Unknown said...

Love the collection of pastel colours and the softness of the quitting in this cover.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...