Friday, 2 September 2011

Hand Dyed Quilted Cushion #2

When I dyed the fabric for the cushion in the previous post, I also did another panel.  This time the colours were purples, browns and rusts.
I made this panel into another cushion.

I machine quilted a pretty feathers and flowers design.

                                               Close up of quilting.

 

Detail of hand appliqued butterfly.


More detail.

Again this cushion has a white satin ruffle with cream lace.
I love how these cushions turned out -I think they are pretty and girly.

Today I started a new quilt using bright batiks ( my favourite) on a black background.  It has already been claimed by daughter #1 !!!
Tonight I hope to get the binding sewn onto the baby quilt, so perhaps another post before the weekend is out.
Hope you all have a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by.
Rhianon.

5 comments:

Rona said...

Your cushions are beautifully feminine. I can just see them in a very classy bedroom. Lovely FMQ too.

Carol said...

Oh Rhianon ... what beautiful work you do!!! I am soooooo envious of your talent!!! Beautiful !

morgan said...

Wow! They are beautiful cushions... and machine quilted too, what did you dye them with?

Wickedly Divine Creations said...

Stunning

Jam-Quilts said...

Love the collection of pastel colours and the softness of the quitting in this cover.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...