Friday 1 June 2012

A Little Catch Up

Hello there.

I hope you have all been having a good week.
First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who voted for my Geckos in last weeks Quilting Bloggers competition.


To my delight, I won!  My prize is a set of 4 patterns from JoJo's Quilt Shoppe .  I cannot wait to receive them.
Also the same quilt made it into the final selections for Bloggers Quilt Festival - amazed at this as there were over 600 entries - a lot of beautiful quilts!  So thank you everyone who voted for my work!

Ok, so what have I been up to this week?  Well I've been working ( or should I say wrestling) with the butterfly quilt.

Not easy tryng to squish a quilt of that size through a 6" throat space but I am getting there.


I started by outlining the butterflies and stippling the blue background with a very light lilac thread which has a high sheen to it.

For the center of the sunflowers, I worked tiny pebbles in brown to give the effect I wanted.



For the leaves, I quilted some veins using a varigated thread.

I'm pleased to have the bulk of the center quilted now although I still have to go back and work into the butterflies.


In the next border I decided to quilt pebbles becasue I love the effect......

So this is it so far.......

I confess I have started another quilt/ throw.  I needed a mindless little project to do in between quilting this so I've been having some fun making string blocks.   I also have a pile of multi coloured squares left over from the rainbow border of the butterfly quilt so  I had to do something with them now didn't I ?
I'll show pictures in tmy next post.

Til next time
Happy Stitching
Rhianon.


13 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

it looks beautiful... waiting to see the finished result xx

happydaysquilting said...

Congratulations on your win, your original design quilts are awesome it's a pleasure to watch them being made!

Debbie said...

Congratulations....love those little guys you made!
Amazing quilting on the sunflowers....can't wait to see the finish.

Debbie said...

So glad you won! Love seeing your quilts in progress!

Cheryl said...

I am thrilled to hear that you won. Your work is amazing!!!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Congratulations on your win. Your butterfly quilt looks amazing!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Wow!! Congrats to you on the win...your certainly deserve it. I simply love your work Rhianon! The detail and texture that you put into a piece is unreal to me.

Rose said...

This is really beautiful...I love your use of color and love the FMQing...

Sandra Kaye said...

Congrats!!! Yeah for you!!! I love your lizard quilt..and the butterfly is just yummy :):) Great job!! Sandie

Nishi said...

amazing,looking awesome blog.
keep it up
stock cash tips

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Congrats on your win! No surprise though! It is always fun to have a smaller project when quilting something that size!

Sandy said...

Congratulations! I was hoping you would win! I fell in love with your lizard quilt the moment I saw it. Well deserved!

Your butterfly quilt is exquisite. I love the quilting details you have chosen.

Mary Ann Tate said...

Congratulations on the win. Your butterfly quilt is just gorgeous:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...