Tuesday 19 June 2012

Kaylee's Owl Cushion

Over the weekend I found time to make this cushion for a little 3 year old girl who is fighting ( and winning !) cancer.   She is the great grandaughter of my friend Miriam who lives in America.


It all started with this fabric, which Miriam had sent me quite a while ago...


Cute eh?


I drew my version onto card and used this to work the applique from.



Then I added Kaylee's name, a few borders and it was tme to quilt.

I kept the quilting simple - a bit of stippling behind the owl and stitching in the ditch with invisible thread.



For the back I used this cute lime green owl fabric - I love purples and greens together.


A little ruffled edging finishes the cushion nicely and it is all ready to be posted.

Today I'm linking up with Connie's excellent blog, Quilting by the River for her linky party. 
Back to quilting the butterfly quilt for me today - nearly at the outer border!!!!
See you all again soon.
Rhianon.

11 comments:

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

The pillow is so pretty! I love your choice of fabrics and your rendition of the owl. You will make a child happy (and, hopefully, make her stronger!).

Sue Daurio said...

That is just the cutest thing EVER!!! Little Kaylee is going to smile so big when she that. I hope she has a speedy and full recovery.

mtnquiltr said...

Very pretty pillow, Kaylee will just love it!

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Cute owl and I love the ruffle on the pillow. Nicely done.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a sweet pillow for a special little girl! Love the owl fabric and your version of it! Thanks for sharing.
Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

Queenie Believe said...

Wonderful pillow sure to put a smile on a little girl's face.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Diane-crewe said...

loving your cushion xx

Carol said...

Nice job!

Sue said...

Fabulous!

AnnaPeng said...

Love

Andrewjernigan09 said...

How much would you charge to make a pillow like this and ship very interested my girlfriends name is kaylee and loves owls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...