Saturday 3 October 2015

Harlequin Points

A while back (summer 2014) I started putting together some New York Beauty blocks and some Mariners compass blocks.  Well I finally got them all put together and made into a wall hanging.  I called it Harlequin Points.
You can read about the piecing of the blocks in this previous post.



 It was quilted on my Gracie frame with the Janome 1600P, just before I got my Q'nique.
I used one layer of Hobbs Heirloom wadding.


 Off to a good start here with the outer borders.


I enjoyed quilting this and it was quite a challenge with all those seams.  Very bumpy in places !




 Lots of thread changes made this quite slow work.......












Apologies for so many photos in one post but I hope you enjoyed looking at them.
Back soon with more quilty stuff!
Rhianon.

6 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Gorgeous, Rhianon!!!

Sandra Walker said...

This quilt is just incredible: piecing, colour choices and then the quilting--! I have a New York Beauty I started eons ago, and also a round robin quilt top all done, so your quilt has given me ideas as to how to quilt both of these. Wow. How do you keep your edges so straight and true when you're floating the quilt top and not doing edge-stitching? I struggle with that on my longarm. Never apologize for lots of quilty photos; I studied each one! :-)

Carli The Quilter said...

Gorgeous and wildly colorful. Lovely quilting. Congrats on your winnings.

Nicole said...

You never need to apologize for too many pictures - we all learn so much from seeing details of your work! This one (as always) is lovely too.

karenquiltz said...

It looks like you had way too much fun quilting this! It's a very happy quilt, and I love your quilting, especially the filled cross-hatching - that is inspired.

Marlene said...

Absolutely amazing. Never apologise for too many photos-the more the merrier. like Sandra you have given me some ideas for a quilt I am about to load on my longarm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...