Saturday 1 February 2014

Embroidered Butterfly Wall Hanging


Hello quilty friends
A few weeks ago I started working on this:  It was a cushion I made to celebrate my brothers wedding way back in 1990.  You can find the post  here
Originally it was a cushion ( sorry I forgot to take a photo before I took it apart)......
now its a wall hanging..


I used black Hobbs heirloom 80/20 as I was worried about bearding and I quilted it on my new domestic machine.


I matched the thread colour to the background and quilted little feathers and tiny stippling around the butterflies, leaves and lettering.







 As luck would have it, I had piece of hand dyed green fabric which perfectly matched the leaves so I appliqued a few more to extend into the borders. 









Its good to get something else finished. I've sent this back to Sylvia and Allan and I hope they love it.
I've been busy working on a new quilt using the lonestar block - quite a challenge so I hope you come back to see my progress soon.
Thanks for visiting.
Rhianon.

11 comments:

NonnaD said...

So beautiful! I know they will love it!

Эльвира Пустовала said...


Amazing work!

Diane-crewe said...

as always I am stunned by the work you produce ... how could they not love it x

happydaysquilting said...

Beautiful embroidery :)

Helen@Till We Quilt Again said...

Absolutely Beautiful!

Joan said...

That is quite stunning Rhianon, you sew so beautifully ... a true artist :).....such attention to detail.

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Wow! Just beautiful Rhiannon .... They will love it.

Carli The Quilter said...

Wow, stunning wedding gift!

Martha said...

It is so beautiful Rhianon, I am sure they are going to love it!!! Thanks for sharing!!
Are you adapting fine with your new domestic machine? Is it much different than the other one?

Doreen said...

Stunning! The stitching so sets off the motifs!!! Much more striking now and I love the added leaves...hugs.....

Michele said...

It really is gorgeous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...