Wednesday 12 December 2012

Ebook Review - Build Your Best Log Cabin


To my delight I was contacted by the nice people at Fons & Porter and asked if I would like to do a book review.
I thought, why not ?- I've been a quilter for many years now,bought plenty books in that time so I know a good quilt book when I see one.  Too often there are many mediocre books out there on the market but this is definitely not the case with this one!  ... and it is FREE !!!!

It is called Build Your Best Log Cabin and it is a little gem of a book.
It features the log cabin block in 3 different styles : Traditional, courthouse steps and chevron.


Each style has it's own little section beginning with an interesting potted history about that block  followed by a selection of layouts the block can be used in and also a pattern from some well known figures in the quilting world.
Contributors include Ricky Tims, Shon McMain, Lori Christianson and Marti Mitchell.


Each quilt you can make is beautifully photographed and the intructions are clear and precise.
There is something for every skill level here from easy to something more challenging.
Also included are charts which provide you with  different sized options for you to make your own quilts.
The possibilities are endless.


There are juicy little titbits thrown in too, in the form of hints and tips.
Ricky Tims shows you how he does trapunto quilting,

Liz Porter shows you how to join your binding without lumps and there is even a section showing you how to add piping to your binding.

This an ebook definitely worth saving in your files - it has certainly inspired me to go and dig into my string bins and I can't recommend it highly enough.

To download your FREE copy, click here and enjoy!!

As ever, thanks for stopping by. 
Rhianon.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great book with wonderful ideas!!
Patty D from Crystal City, MO

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Thank you for this review. I'm a bit apprehensive of downloading free ebooks but you've persuaded mr to try this one :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...