Saturday 15 December 2012

Big Star Feather Frenzy



Yay!!  I finished the big star lap quilt I've been working on.  It's for a lady who loves feathers and she chose the colours.....



I love how it turned out - the colours remind me of Wedgewood china.

It measures 52" square and I used Hobbs Heirloom 80/20 wadding.


These were the borders being worked.
This was the only marking on the quilt - the spine of these feathers.  Everything else is completely freehand ( on my trusty little domestic)



Close up of feathers



This is the back of the quilt.


I like the angle of this photograph.





These are a few shots taken under atrificial light.



So that is what I was up to this week.  Now the mad rush for Christmas begins followed hopefully by a period of calm and lots of sewing.
Enjoy your weekend.
Rhianon.

16 comments:

Larissa said...

This truly looks incredible Rhianon!!! Your FMQing has just gotten better and better with each project over this past year!! Hard to believe you've only been doing in not much longer than that, lol!! ... How did you enjoy the FMQing challenge?

Amira@littlemushroomcap said...

gorgeous..thats a lot of work on the domestic.. great job!!!! applause!!!

Charlie's Long Arm Quilting said...

Wow this is gorgeous Rhianon. Your feathers are gorgeous I want to be as good as you someday. You rock girl.

Char

M-R Charbonneau said...

It'a gorgeous, Rhianon! Wow!

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful quilting!

Debbie Collins said...

Rhianon, These are beautiful feathers, and I was thinking how hard that would be for me to do on my long arm, at my skill level. Then I realized you do this on a regular old sewing machine in your sewing room. That is truly amazing!! Love this!!!

ps. I finally made me a blog! I have been wanting to for awhile. There is only the opeing post, but after Christmas I'm going to try and post on it at least 3 to 4 times aweek. dkcquilts.blogspot.com Merry Christmas to you and your family

Sara said...

OMG! I'm so impressed and inspired by your work. I can only hope that I can come close to this level of excellence one day. Thanks so much for sharing...and for showing that good quilting *can* be done on a "regular" machine.

Lynette said...

It's stunningly beautiful. :D One day - ONE DAY - I am going to be able to make feathers!!!! ::sigh::

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

This is so beautiful Rhianon, love all the feathers! What kind of batting did you use?

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Another outstanding job Rhianon....love it!!

Shelley: the Dread Pirate Rodgers said...

Fabulous! Simply fabulous! and on your home sewing machine?? Make that *incredible*! Just stunning.

Michele said...

Your quilting is amazing.
And I love that you did it on your DSM.

Linda and Michelle said...

Wow, another GORGEOUS finish! Your FMQ is FABULOUS!!!!!

Lori S said...

Wow, so pretty! I just love it.

Can't Stop Stitchin said...

You did it again! Amaze me with your quilting! Fantastic workmanship! Thanks for sharing.

CitricSugar said...

So beautiful…! You always make me wish I had more time to improve my skills - your work is just so inspiring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...