Thursday 10 May 2012

Work in Progress - Butterfly Quilt

                                                               Hello there.

                        I've had a busy week trying to make some headway with this quilt.  I've never done so much machine applique and found it to be quite time consuming.


                       Last time you saw this, I had all the pieces cut out but nothing sewn down.


                                      Now I have everything where it should be......

                               For the sunflowers I used  variagated thread.


                          Next up .... time to add a bit of detail to the butterflies.



                                              I am really looking forward to quilting this.


Then I added the churn dash blocks around the edge..........


followed by another border of the gorgeous turquoise batik fabric.
I'm looking forward to a full day in my sewing room working on the next round of blocks.  I think it would make a great wall hanging just left as it is right now but this one is to be a bed quilt. 

Next post I hope to have the top completed and be ready for quilting.

See you all next time.
Rhianon.

10 comments:

JoAnne said...

This quilt is turning out so gorgeous! I love the turquoise with the sunflowers.

Jan Maree said...

Just gorgeous! beautiful colours and gorgeous applique

Robynartdesigns said...

Love this! The colours are so vibrant and cheerful!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Very pretty! I'm fairly useless at applique, need to practice!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Rhianon this is so beautiful! I can't wait to see what you do with the next border/group of blocks and your applique is beautiful as usual!

Flo @ Butterfly Quilting said...

This is really beautiful ! Such a good job! Love all the detail on the butterflies.

M-R Charbonneau said...

It's looking gorgeous, Rhianon! The variegated thread on the sunflower petals gives it a beautiful depth. Can't wait to see the full top.

Diane-crewe said...

it is looking wonderful xx

The Nifty Stitcher said...

Thank you everyone for your nice comments. :)

Anonymous said...

I love seeing this amazing quilt come together. When it is finished, ship it to me and I'll send it on to the customer....wink, wink.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...