I started with this pile of bonus HSTs from the afore mentioned quilt.
I thought these would make a nice border for something, so sticking with the aquatic theme I decided to do seahorses.
First I made some cardboard templates......
I chose some yummy batiks for the seahorses..
Now they need a setting to go in.......
I used Bond-a-web for the first time and I love it. Before I ironed a stabiliser on the back, cut out my design and then used basting spray to attach before sewing. The Bond a web is much quicker and I can see me using a lot of this in the future.
Here are the seahorses attachd and it is ready for some serious machine quilting now....
I'm not sure if I like the way this one is going but I'm too far down the road now.
I quite like the way the center seahorses are 'hiding' among the corals. Hopefully the seahorses will come to life when I've added some features and detail.
Hope to get this finished today if I get a good run on it.
See you next time.
I'm linking up with Connie's blog ,Quilting By The River so why not pop over and see what eveyone esle is getting up to toda.