Wednesday 4 May 2011

Seahorses

Hello there.
This week at quilt group was great fun. We made little 'journal' quilts.
We had to wet the sticky side of Bondaweb then paint it with lovely metalic paints. After it dried, we simply had to draw our design, cut it out and iron it onto our fabric. After peeling the paper off - the paint remained on the fabric.

Next, it was onto the machine to practice my free motion quilting.



We could add any beads or fancy stitchery we wanted. I opted for some beads.



I really enjoyed this so much. My girls want to have a go too. It was their suggestion to add my name.

Finally for today, last night DH brought home a present for me. It was from Ian and his wife Laura to say thank you for the goldwork piece I did for him. Wasn't that nice? Lindt chocolates are just THE best!!! And a beautiful smelling reed diffuser - I've only ever used scented candles before but I like this. Such a nice thought and such yummy chocs!


Enjoy your day everyone.
Rhianon.
PS Don't forget to click on the photos for a better view.

2 comments:

Crowing Moon said...

I LOVE your seahorses. They are fantastic and your free motion is looking great. I knew you would pick it up fast you clever girl :)

Carol said...

You go girl !!!! Lovely work, Rhianon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...