Saturday 21 May 2011

Machine Quilting Practice

Hello everyone
I hope you have had a productive week. I know I have. I took the plunge and decided to have a go at quilting my batik wall hanging. Well it can't hang in my workroom as an UFO forever can it?


You know, I've discovered that it is one thing practicing on a 8" square, which is easy to move around, but it's a whole different ball game working on a bigger piece. Even though I have my ironing board at the side to support the weight, it still drags.

My stitching lines are not straight and far from perfect. I seriously thought about unpicking all this but I thought NO I'm going to leave it.
In ten years time I want to look back and see how I have improved.

I will keep going with this one - hopefully getting some done today.

Earlier in the week I was practicing feathers. I love feathers- they look so impressive.


I had fun doing these but I've yet to try them on anything bigger than a small square.

We had some other crafty fun in our house this week. My youngest daughter, Ursula had "to make something out of rubbish" for a school competition.

Out of this mess, came these.....

Big sister, Natalya had to make one too!

Ursula in her hat. She got the most votes and won! Guess what her prize was ? A grow your own corriander herb pot. Yes you can imagine her excitment... It was fun anyway.

That's all for now. Have a great weekend.
See you again soon.
Rhianon.

1 comment:

Crowing Moon said...

the girls look like they had fun..
your quilting is beautiful. I love the feathers

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...