Hello quilty friends
I've been keeping myself busy working on a couple of new quilts.
This is the second time I've used a jelly roll and I decided to use a little design I doodled a while back. First time I used a Bonnie Hunter pattern.
The intention was to use lots of half square triangles - 2 1/2" sounded good to me.
I didn't want to make this too big so it could be a lap quilt or a wall hanging.
Then my favourite part - the quilting.....
For the first time ever I actually marked the spines by measuring and using a curved ruler so the feathers are quite uniform. All my work is freehand and I don't have a stitch regulator on my machine. I would love to be able to do ruler work and that is high up my to-do list.
I used one layer of Warm and Bright wadding.
At this point my machine decided not to play nicely. It started skipping stitches when sewing upwards towards the left. I ran through my checklist several times, new needle, cleaned, oiled, tension check. I managed to get it working again for all of 5 minutes so I got hubby to take the machine off the frame so I could have a closer look.
Still in free motion mode I did a test sample and it sewed perfectly. Just cannot figure that out.
Anyway, the machine will be going back on the frame and I hope to get this finished. It is 3/4 of the way done. Its been very frustrating.
Here is the sample I stitched:
Wish me luck and I hope to have a finished quilt to show next time.