Saturday 27 September 2014

Time for a catch-up

Hello
Its been quite a while since I last posted, can't believe it was July.  Life has been busy with family and recently a new addition.

This is Luna, she's a cocker spaniel and 11 weeks old.  She is settling into her new home and I have slowly been getting back to some sewing.
Over the summer I started a new hexie quilt, mainly because it was easy to pick up and put down when watching Luna.

I am also working on 2 commissioned cushions.  The first one is peacock inspired and measures 18"


Laying out the shapes - using Bondaweb here and a blanket stitch on my machine to finish,
Onto the fun bit now - the quilting




I still have to make this into a cushion and I have started quilting the second one.
It is smaller at 12 "and had to have tulips on it.

Here it is before I worked the satin stitch.  I've just started quilting it so more pictures next time.

I'll end with some good news.  This weekend is the Scottish Quilt Championships in Edinburgh and I'm very happy to say my Fruitsalad quilt took 1st place for machine quilting and a Judges Merit.


My Tropical Fish also got a Judges Merit.


I was at the show yesterday but didn't really get many good photos.
My friend Kay Bell, The Borderline Quilter won Best of Show with her magnificent 1514 AKA The Horse.

This photo is not doing the quilt justice but I will get more photos when I visit again on Sunday.
Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Rhainon.

9 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

LOVE your work as always xx and I LOVE your new family memberxxxx

Borderline Quilter said...

Fabulous Rhianon....so pleaased to meet up with you yesterday and looking forward to meeting you tomorrow, your quilts are fabulous...

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

gorgeous Rhianon, Luna is a sweetie, but I love your work

Prisca2010 said...

Your work is always stunning, and your Puppy is gorgeous! :)

What Comes Next? said...

congratulations! Your quilting is always gorgeous - love the peacock inspired pillow you are working on. and Luna!! how adorable!

liniecat said...

Stunning work and adorable Lunar : )
I had an orange roan cocker for years and he was such a joy.
Id love another one must admit.

Marly said...

Congratulations on you prizes - well deserved! Lovely puppy; how did you get him to sit still for the photo?

Lynette said...

ooooooh :) Luna is so very sweet! Enjoy your new little love. Everything quilty at your place looks delectable, as always. Love your hexie project. And congrats on the judge's merit award!!

Hannele said...

Congratulations - so many so beautiful quilts in this post! And the puppy is so cute - funny coincidence: my daughter has a blue merle shetland sheepdog called Luna :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...