Sunday 17 February 2013

Table Runner with Water Lilies

Another busy week has passed and I'm a bit later than intended with this post but i hope you enjoy it anyway.
I made this table runner last week as a birthday gift for my twin brother:


He's quite a house proud guy and likes nice things so I thought this would look good on his table.
He loved it!


The water lily flowers were quite challenging to put together - tough on the fingers and I wear thimbles !


I used 3 rounds of petals and for the center I covered the hole with a Suffolk puff (yo yo) and then used Funky fur yarn to crochet a small strip and sew it into a ball.



I made the leaves padded and free motion quilted them down onto the main piece.




I've also been busy with a few other projects - another owl cushion......

........this will be an ipad cover.....

                                                            ... and this one too. 

I also found time to start quilting a pineapple blossom quilt top that I made for my youngest daughter Ursula.
As luck would have it, it matches her newly decorated bedroom.  It had been a UFO for quite a while so it's time it was finished .

I have a lot of sewing to get through this coming week so lots to show you next time hopefully.
Thanks for visiting.
Enjoy your Sunday everyone.
Rhianon.

13 comments:

Melanie said...

Your table runner is fantastic. It looks stunning.x

Corina said...

Great table runner!

morena said...

Congratulations for this Great Runner and your talent!
Morena from Italy.

Larissa said...

They're all gorgeous Rhiannon!! .. I am in love with that water lily!!! x

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Stunning Rhianon!Your works are beautiful...and I wish I could do projects that looked like this....drooling here......lol Fantastic!!!!~

Mary @ Mary Manson Quilts said...

The table runner is beautiful! I really like the water lilies, really added to the look.

Lonci said...

Your works are beautiful, congratulations:)))

Susan Lawson said...

I love your flowers!

Cathy Tomm said...

Wow, love the waterlily table runner.

Martha said...

You never cease to amaze me!! Love the waterlilies, they are absolutely beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing :^)

Irishredhead said...

Love, love love the water lily! You are my quilting guru, friend!

Irishredhead said...

Love, love love the water lily! You are my quilting guru, friend!

hawaiilovequilts said...

I love your table runner - the water lilies make it so special. Can you tell me how you sewed the table runner? thank you so much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...