Friday 11 January 2013

A Friday Finish - Tablerunner



Hi everyone.
I hope you all had a great start to the new year.
Can't say I did as my sewing machine broke down on New Year's day just when I was looking forward to a full week of sewing.   DH reckons I have worn the motor out so it is on it's way back to the dealers for repair as I've only had it 14 months.

What to do in the meantime ??  Well I hot footed it up to my Mum's and borrowed a machine from her.
Even more basic than my machine but at least I was able to get sewing again.
I am making a tablerunner as a birthday gift for a friend....

Her living room has a lot of gey in it, so I hope this will go nicely.

It's not been much fun sewing on this machine and I really miss an extension table.
If I'm honest I've been pretty miserable but I have made a decision to save for a new machine.  There is no way in the world I can afford the Sweet Sixteen, so I have set my sights on something a bit more realistic.  I keep coming back to the Husqvarna Saphire 875 - it has a huge 10" space.   Extremely appealing.

Still managed to do some pretty feathers in the border.




I also tried a slightly different flower this time - they have rounded petals.



. Rmember the continuous feather filler sample?   I turned it into a little cushion .

Today I have the whole day to work on another quilt I've started. It involves lots of foundation piecing and applique.  I'll show you that next time.
Thanks for stopping by.
Rhianon.

Linking up today with Richard and Tanya's Quilts for their finish party and TGIFF

18 comments:

J- said...

Gorgeous! I love all your work, you are an amazing quilter, and stitcher. Thank you for sharing.

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

Wow, what amazing quilting! Hope you sort out your machine issues quickly!

MsMidge said...

Amazing quilting! I dream of being able to do that one day!

natalia said...

Well done! Rhianon, lovely tablerunner! I love this block. It seems, called a French braid.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

this is beautiful Rhianon

Diane-crewe said...

looks good to me even if the machine is basic... the workmanship isnt xx

Lynette said...

I love my Sapphire 875! I keep it set up as my quilting station with a floating foot (you have to tell its brain you're free-motion quilting - choose floating or regular, then it keeps the tension perfect for you). Big open throat. Automatic foot down/up. Fill the bobbin spool right from the needle. happiness :) And like Diane said, you're achieving gorgeous quilting even on this basic loaner from your mom's.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful tablerunner and your feathers in the border are awesome!

CitricSugar said...

I'm sorry your machine quit on you and that you had to borrow one but wow - what you've done on a basic machine…? Beautiful runner.

Susan said...

Linking in from LAFF. I love your quilting - if you do that well on a small machine, just think what you could do on a longarm!

What Comes Next? said...

beautiful tablerunner, and I love that pillow! Your FM feathers are simply gorgeous!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Looking at your quilting inspires me so much! I hope you are able to find a way to finance your dream machine.

tlcala4me said...

That is a beautiful table runner!

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

I love the table runner! Great job, and of course the quilting is to die for! Happy New Year!

Joan said...

Beautiful Rhianon. -in fact quite stunning!

Richard Healey said...

Love the table runner. I have done little to no FMQ. My wife Tanya is not the best at encouraging me on it. Each time I have tried she gives one of those scalls that say you really are not going to show that too any one and then tells me it looks OK. Hum I really need to work more on the FMQ. I think its been 4 months since I have tried. Thanks for linking up.

Barnard1955 said...

Oh I love this table runner. Do you share the pattern?

SewLuv2Craft said...

Just beautiful work! I too hope I will have some of your expertise some day soon!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...