Monday 28 January 2013

A Couple of Inbetweeny Projects.


The wait is over !!
Yesterday my new sewing machine arrived.....


and here it is.  the Janome 1600P.   What a beast of a machine !  So far I am loving it but have to wait a day or two to try FMQ becasue the dealer forgot to include the quilting feet set.  I don't mind becasue it gives me a chance to get to know the machine.

Before it arrived, I was still sewing on the wee cheapy supermarket machine.  I made this oversized mugrug / small table topper for my Mum.


Here is a close up of the teeny feathers ....


...... and the appliqued flower


Also last week, I got this cushion finished for my daughter's bedroom.  Its just been decorated so she needed some new soft furnishings.


Some close ups of the feathers...





These two pieces were quilted on the little machine, which has been unceremoniously shoved to the side!..


Today I have several hours of working on these ( masonic sashes - my day job )

....before I can go and play with my new machine......but happy days are here again!
See you all again soon.
Rhianon..

7 comments:

Loredana said...

Good luck with your new professional machine. You created lovely projects with your old machine and you will surely create masterpieces now with your new one. I enjoy reading your blog posts:))
Loredana
www.loredana61.blogspot.com

Diane-crewe said...

have fun... remember dont shove that little "old" machine too far away ... you just may want it sometime xx

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Oh I just love the applique and the pillows! Tell us about the fabric, batting and thread that you used on the pillow! They are stunning!

Thanks for sharing.
Karen

Lynette said...

Such gorgeous feathers!! Hey - what is that you are using on the sashes?

VeganMinimal said...

Your feathers are truly unbelievable! And when it comes to the new machine, I have the Janome 6600 and love it. It has made everything soooo much easier. I'm sure You will be safisfied with yours too.

And BTW, don't give Your old machine away. I use mine whenever I need to send my Janome for the cleaning / check-up and stuff like that. It may come handy to You too one day... :)

Debbie said...

Beautiful...all of it! Green with envy over the machine. The pillow is so wonderful....thanks for the close up of your stitching. I am finally getting the hang of doing these feathers and I so love your curls!

Ranjana's craft blog said...

Congrats.Even I'm crazy about sewing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...