Saturday 9 April 2011

Something Different

It's been a busy week for me with not a lot of time to indulge in quilting unfortunately. So today I thought I would post some pictures of my embroidery work.
I saw a great blog on Stash Manicure by Mary Corbet, who is an embroiderer.
It made me want to go and get my threads out.
Here are some of my past efforts.


These fish were embroidered by hand using stranded cottons and were originally intended to be part of a large wall hanging. I took a mad turn one day and cut them up. Now I am thinking of incorporating them into a quilted wall hanging.


I love this cheeky little head on fish.

Clown fish

I'm thinking of using some gorgeous batiks to tie all these fish together - yet another project that is still in my head. One day.....

Next up are some embroidered shorts - they were worked a few years ago, hence the high waist (urghhh!).

The design is loosely based on crewel work.






I hope you have enjoyed my embroidery. After food shopping today I hope to get back in my sewing room and have something quilty to show you the next time.
Until then happy sewing everyone.
Rhianon.

7 comments:

Jan Maree said...

WOW!!!! Amazing embroidery! Love it - keep sharing please

The Nifty Stitcher said...

Thank you. I really should be doing more embroidery after all it was my first love!

Paul said...

I'm impressed. Those are all done by hand? Wow.

Awesome.

happydaysquilting said...

Im really impressed with your embroidery, very clever, loved the fish! very realistic.

The Nifty Stitcher said...

Thanks Paul and Thanks Patricia. It was back to the quilting over the weekend but I still want to do more embroidery.... sometime!

The Nifty Stitcher said...

I've just discovered if you click on the photo you get a bigger more detailed view - which is great because the small photos don't do them justice.

Glória Luz said...

Que trabalho maravilhoso!!
Parabéns, adorei.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...