Monday 14 March 2011

More Cushions !

Hello there. Following on from my last post, I thought I would continue with the theme of cushions.

This one was made for my neighbour, Mary whose husband had sadly passed away. It was made from his pyjamas and shirts.

The little one was for Mary's grown up daughter.
Tears were shed from both ladies when they saw their cushions - what a lovely keepsake for them.


This next one was made for my brother Allan and his wife Sylvia for their 20th wedding anniversary.

Sylvia shed a little tear too - she loved her cushion.

This next one was made to go with a quilt I made my daughter.

Much to my wee girl's disgust - this remains a UFO, which is ridiculous because the quilt has been finished for a couple of years. One day I'll get round to it....
This is the quilt to match the dinosaur cushion and a close up.




I made two of these cushions - one finished, one a UFO
The green tartan is my Dad in law's shirt - I loved the colour.
They were a good exercise to practice my snail's trail block.

Today I was lucky to get a few hours at my machine, so I'll show you what i was up to the next time. Til then...

Rhianon.

4 comments:

Paul said...

These are looking good Rhianon. Keep it up!

Paul

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I just wanted to pop in and thank you for the lovely comment on Stash Manicure.

Lovely cushions...all so beautiful!

The Nifty Stitcher said...

Thank you Jane - and thanks for stopping by. I enjoy your blog too.

Carol said...

I am so envious of your wonderful talent, Rhianon!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...