Tuesday 9 June 2015

Pastel Baby Quilt


This is a baby quilt I made with left over Drunkards path blocks from another quilt.
I sashed it with simple squares.
Most of the fabrics are hand dyed, some by me, some by my friend Irene and some from a fabulous stall at the Edinburgh quilt show.



I like quilting on plain fabric as it really shows up the quilting.
I used one layer of Soft and Bright wadding and used a pale blue thread throughout for the quilting.


The quilting is all free motion, umarked and worked on my Gracie frame with my Janome 1600P.







I had just enough of this beautiful batik for the binding. Perfect!








The back...


I really enjoyed making this one. It was a blast.

It is for sale, £60 plus postage. Email me at rhianontaylor@blueyonder.co.uk if interested.
Onto the next quilt now..........

13 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

it is just adorable!!!!!!! great work, Rhianon

Lori S said...

Your quilting transformed this one! Just beautiful!

Marj said...

Wow what a difference the quilting makes.

Fiona said...

what a beautiful quilt and such lovely quilting on it....
Hugz

Karen S said...

The quilting on this one is stunning. It is hard to believe that the pictures and the start and the end of the post are the same quilt.

Helen@Till We Quilt Again said...

Beautiful colors! and the quilting is over the top--Wonderful! Love Love Love

Allison said...

Such a beautiful quilt! The quilt stitching you've added is wonderful. A really great make, no wonder you enjoyed working on it so much!

Connie said...

Wow!!! I have to say that I was not impressed with your quilt when I saw it pieced, but after you stitched it . . . Oh My Goodness! It is amazing! One of the prettiest that I have ever seen. You are a very talented girl:)

Tu-Na Quilts said...

Stunning!!! I love the free motion quilting. It looks incredible. How do you do that incredible stitching? Probably years of practice. How can you sell it? I think I'd save it for someone special. Would be good for either a boy or girl.

Gerrie said...

Beautiful colors, gorgeous quilt.

Carli The Quilter said...

As usual, your machine quilting is impeccable! Fabulous quilt.

Barb in Mi said...

Wow, what a fabulous quilt with out of this world quilting!

Michele said...

Very pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...