Tuesday 25 September 2012

More From the Scottish Quilt Championships

First of all, I'd like to thank every single one of you for all your best wishes and comments - really appreciate that.   I went back to the show on Sunday and this is what I came home with :


1st Small Wall Hanging  - Bird of Paradise
1st Machine Quilting      - My Big Fat Gypsy Feathers
2nd Minatures               - My Big Fat Gypsy Feathers
Judges Choice Award   - Gecko Fabulous

What a weekend!  


This is Kay.The Borderline Quilter who won, 1st Bed Quilt, 1st Longarm Quilting and Overall Champion for her quilt, 'Swooning'.  She also won 2nd place for her Tudor Rose wall hanging and received a Judges Choice award.   Well done Kay!
If you go to Kay's blog you will see a couple of photos of me and also her beautiful quilting.

Here are some of the other exhibits






There was a special exhibition of minatures and they were just incredible.



The detail in this was amazing.

I stuck my hand in this photo so you could get some idea of the scale.  Such teeny tiny little pieces!


If you'd like to see more head over to Kay's blog.  There was an exhibition of Japanese quilts there which are well worth a look.
Now it's time to get back to normality and get some sewing done!
See you all next time.
Rhianon.

4 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

beautiful... and ... well done you xx

Larissa said...

Once again, Congratulations Rhianon!!! ... And thank you for sharing your photos of the other quilts!! They're all gorgeous!!! x

Nancy Page said...

Congratulations!! Well done and super great work! Thank you for sharing the photos of quilts at the show. They are so well done!

Have a super great sewing and stitching day.

wearbyelsy said...

Oh my .... your quilting is amazing. Congratulations! You definitely deserve all your ribbons.
Thank you for sharing all the pictures. I look forward to seeing your other creations in the future.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...