Tuesday 10 July 2012

Teddy Bear Baby Quilt - Part 1

Sometimes I will be inspired to make a quilt from just one fat quarter of fabric and this is what happened here.

 This is the FQ  and the teddy bear drawing I did for the appliqued center block.


I used Bondaweb to build up my design.....

... then machine appliqued the shapes in place.


I kept the border of the main fabric wide so as not to loose the pretty pattern.

Getting bigger......

I made these blocks for the next round but decided that it didn't look right and I didn't like them.
Onto plan B....

Plain border ?   Nah  didn't like that either.


Finally decided on a stripey border which I think looks nice.



Couldn't resist putting some feathersin the beige border.


To my disgust, after I finished the quilting, I realised  I had nothing suitable for making the binding, which I need to cut on the bias.
So at this point I will leave it here until part 2.   I need to get to the fabric shop pronto.
Hope you come back to see the finished quilt.
Enjoy your day
Rhianon.

Linking up with Connie's blog Quilting By the River.  Why not go and check out the work on display there ?

12 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

That quilt is adorable. Lovely stitching too:)

Linda Coleman said...

what a cute quilt

Queenie Believe said...

Beautiful, the perfect baby quilt!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Sandra Kaye said...

You are doing such a wonderful job!! You just made my day with this little gem!! Hugs

Lynette said...

So very pretty. Lovely quilting - the feathers are perfect there. :)

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

How beautiful! I like your choices of borders and the quilting. Can't wait to see what you got for the binding! I so enjoy visiting your blog!!!

Larissa said...

VERY pretty!!! The border you decided on is perfect! Looking forward to seeing your choice of binding fabric - why, may I ask, does it need to be cut on the bias?

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

How beautiful! Your borders and quilting make such a difference! I use straight binding on quilts unless there are curves.

Thanks for sharing.
Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

Let me try this again! I have just nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award... Check out my post at http://www.piecedbrain.com/2012/07/liebster-blog-award.html. Have a great day!

Krista Schneider said...

wow! it's darling. do you use your regular machine to quilt, or a longarm?

Rahul kesharwani said...

Thanks for talking about this web page, it is very useful for the company individual ads.



Valentines Teddy Bear - Me to You, Valentine Manny - Valentines Teddy Bear, Lacy - Valentine Teddy Bear, Huggerton - Valentines teddy bear, I Love You Valentine Teddy Bear - Bettylo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...