Saturday 13 August 2016

Customer quilts- Linen cushions and lots of feathers!


These are the second set of cushion covers I quilted for Alison who made the felted coin cushion covers that I posted about in a previous blog. You can see that here.
Again these were made from linen but this time with felt leaves.  Alison gave me free reign to do what I wanted.

 This is a small sketch I did before I started.


 I had to go over the leaf shape several times to get a nice thick line.  I used Glide threads and the wadding is Hobbs 80/20.

 I decided on a pebble background fading into bigger leaves around the edges.




Next up was the second quilt for Gail.  At first glance it seemed fairly straight forward but the blocks in the center were all different and there were two wide borders on two sides of the quilt.
Gail requested some feathers in the quilt.


 I love the autumnal colours of this quilt and the beautiful fabrics.

 I decided to do a continuous feather in the two large borders.


 In the center blocks I kept the design the same for all of them.  A large outlined feather going from corner to corner.



 I love how this quilt turned out. Happy to say Gail was very pleased too!

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Be back soon with more quilting!

5 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Really gorgeous, Rhianon! I love all types of your feathers, and your figure eight thingys are fantastic.

beefi8 said...

Beautiful quilting!!!

Sharlee said...

Your quilting is "Gorgeous"!

Martha said...

Love it all!!!

Mary said...

All of your work is beautiful! I love the cushion covers. I especially like the border in the quilt! It's so different.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...