Sunday, 27 March 2016

Crochet Butterfly


I have been doing quite a bit of crochet lately and I thought it would be fun to merge quilting and crochet together.


I found this butterfly as a free pattern on MyPicot.  It was too big for the project I had in mind so decided to make a quilted setting for it to go on.
I appliqued some leaves and quilted on my Q'nique using 2 layers of Hobbs 80/20 but did not really think two layers added much.

 I used a fine no8 crochet cotton and a 1mm hook to make the flower blossom and a slightly thicker cotton to crochet the branches. An embroidered French knot in the center finishes the flowers.



 The finished piece is quite small, measuring just over 12" square.
I quite like it and will probably hang it in my workroom somewhere.
Now onto something bigger.......
Happy quilting.
Rhianon.

6 comments:

Seams French said...

Your crocheted butterfly is beautiful and what a great idea to make it into a quilted wall hanging. I love it!

Caroline Heinrichs said...

Bravo! Wonderful blend you've accomplished.

Caroline Heinrichs said...

Bravo! Wonderful blend you've accomplished.

Mary Reed said...

Gorgeous!

Karen Lambdin said...

Love it! Combining two fiber art forms, three really because I see some beading too. Lovely quilting and aaahhh it's just so pretty.

Corina said...

wow, I love the combination of techniques to make this special project!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...