Saturday 14 June 2014

Place Mats and a Lap Quilt


This week I've been working a custom order for place mats - 6 of them - all the same.
Customer said she didn't mind what I did just as long as there was some red in them.
Here they are:


I kept the colours quite muted and used these gorgeous fabrics:  They are called Chicken and Egg from the Henley studio.   Beautiful quality fabrics.


I foundation pieced the main block......




.....then free motion quilted them on the table top and finished them off with a dotty taupe binding.


They measure 12" x 15" .

Next up is a little lap quilt I made for my father in law. It is Father's Day here in the UK tomorrow so this will do perfectly.  I find it quite difficult to choose fabric for a man's quilt and I didn't really have much in my stash. I used a Bonnie hunter pattern called Dancing Nine Patch.  It's free on her website.


I put my sewing machine back on the carriage and quilted this one on my frame.  I had been doing a few projects on the table top and was missing playing on the frame so it was good to get back to it.  Pretty please with how this turned out.

I kept the quilting plain and simple and only used one colour of thread - a nice dark tan.


Back of the quilt....

Next week I will be quilting another baby quilt and I have started a new quilt - well I have to keep up my supply of UFO's don't I ?
Thanks for visiting today.
Happy Sewing
Rhianon.

7 comments:

Grit said...

Just so, so wonderful

Diane-crewe said...

beautiful fabrics indeed .. and beautiful projects x sure the F-I-L will love it x

NonnaD said...

Your customer will love the placemats! As wil your father in law! I love the stitching on the back! It is also Father's Day here tomorrow. ...it is my first without my dad....been so dreading it. But will keep busy camping in our new trailer! :-)

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Beautiful work Rhianon!!! they will be so happy with both

Wolfie said...

I love the back of the lap quilt as well as the front! Gorgeous:) And the placemats are adorable:)

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Pretty placemats and the quilting on that quilt is stunning!

Kati said...

Plain and simple...Ahem... The quilting is GORGEOUS! I love the red and neutral combination for those placemats. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work, Rhianon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...