Friday 21 September 2012

My First Ribbon - Scottish Quilt Championships

I knew this was going to be a great week becasue the quilt show began today but last night I got a call to say I'd been placed 1st in Small Wall Hanging category for my Bird of Paradise.

I am over the moon to have won my first ribbon.  Sooooooo pleased!!!  I get a trophy on Sunday.

I also got placed 2nd in Minature category for machine quilting with My Big Fat Gypsy Feathers

Sorry about the terrible photo but it was busy and the lighting was not very good in the hall.

To top it off my Geckos got a Judges Choice award. ... I am such a happy quilter tonight..

Also at the show I got to meet a fellow blogger Kay, The Borderline Quilter.  Kay (lovely lady!) is a long arm quilter and won best in show and so deserved!!  Here is her winning quilt :



                                                         Many Congratulations Kay!

I am going back to the show on Sunday and I will get better photographs.  It was very busy on the first day - it will be much quieter on sunday.
Of course, there was lots of shopping to be done.  This lot should keep me busy for a while.

I'll be back soon with more photos from the show.
Cheers
Rhianon.

25 comments:

Angie said...

Oh. My. Goodness!! That Bird of Paradise is absolutely GORgeous---and so are the others. Fabulous job, congratulations!

sara said...

CONGRATULATIONS,CONGRATULATIONS,CONGRATULATIONS!!!

JoAnne said...

Congratulations! The only surprise for me is that it is your first ribbons. It must be your first time entering. Your work is so remarkable--you totally deserve it!

Happy Me said...

What beautiful work!! Congrats on the ribbons, you earned them for sure!!

Rosalind Pollock said...

Congrulations! :o)
Well deserved-all three!

Enjoy your weekend!

MB in MI said...

Yes--well-deserved congratulations--how fun!

Debbie said...

Big congratulations....take three bows, please. I am amazed that these are your first ribbons! Just glorious work and stitching. Very happy for you and to able to say well done!

Christine said...

Well done - those geckos are so touchable, it was hard to resist (I did!). Lovely to see your work "in the flesh"!

Quilting Babcia said...

Congratulations! They are all so beautiful - you deserved these awards - and they won't be the last!

Borderline Quilter said...

Well Done Rhianon...your rosettes are well deserved!
I am so pleased to have met you at last...see you again on Sunday!

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Congratulations on all the wins! WOW! it was your year wasn't it? All are fabulous!

Dora, the Quilter said...

Congratulations on your wins, Rhianon. It's got to be a great feeling!

Rona said...

I would like to add my congratulations too. Very well deserved. Your work is beautiful. Beautiful designs and even though I haven't seen it in the flesh, I can see your stitching looks perfect too. Well done.

Queenie Believe said...

Congratulations!!!!! How exciting!!!!
Your quilts are wonderful!!! Enjoy this wonderful time.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! It was lovely meeting you today :)

Caz@theaccidentalquilter said...

Deserved and well earned ribbons, Rhiannon! Such inspirational quilting. Keep it up XX

Karen said...

Three ribbons in one show... wow!... congratulations!... and all such beautiful work... and clearly we'll be seeing more of it, given your shopping excursion... :)...

Bethany said...

Your quilts are stunning and congrats on the ribbons. Love the Bird of Paradise.

Larissa said...

Congratulations Rhianon - well deserved!!!! Your work is stunning, and especially those gorgeous pieces!!! ... Thanks for showing us Kay's quilting - it's gorgeous!!! Such a fabulous way to quilt that particular design!!

Nancy Page said...

Congratulations, ladies!! What can I say?? The quilts are gorgeous, stunning, absolutely fantastic! Love them all! Thank you for sharing and, again, Congratulations!

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

Amanda said...

Such lovely quilts and well deserving of the ribbons! Huge congrats on the firsts of many!!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Congratulations! Your prizes were very well deserved :)

Luz2Quilt said...

Awesome-Congratulations! I've seen your work through SewCalGal's 2012 FMQ Challenge and can't believe this is your first ribbon as your work is always stunning and so inspiring. Again,congratulations, very deserving.:)

benjy said...

congratulations rhianon, the first of many ribbons to come. I,ve never been to the scottish show, maybe next year i will make my way up to bonnie scotland.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Congratulations Rhianon!! Your work is so beautiful and I am not surprised that you won! I am also surprised that this is your first ribbon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...