Sunday 12 August 2012

Summer Holiday Sewing

Hi everyone.

It is good to be back.  I've been on a lovely family holiday to rural Suffolk.  A beautiful part of the world, full of charm with thatched roof cottages in abundance.


Our cottage didn't have a thatched roof but it did have a swimming pool which our gilrs loved.





 There was a lovely pond in the garden with Koi carp and beautiful waterlillies......



...... and lots of big dragonflies...


I couldn't go on holiday and NOT take any sewing, so I decided to start a hexie project using only florals.


My hexies measure 1" on each side and I was able to transport everything in a small container.





I've opted for this red fabric for the background.


This is how it is looking so far.  I am really enjoying doing some hand sewing again.
This week my hubby goes back to work and my girls go back to school so I can get back to some serious sewing.  I've not looked at my machine for 2 weeks and I am itching to get stuck in !

I have a lot coming up including finishing Orca Bay in time for the quilt show, making a ring cushion for my friend who is getting married in 4 weeks time and also starting work on a new commission for a bed quilt.

I hope you are all enjoying the summer.
Rhianon.


3 comments:

Lynette said...

How perfect, to work on hexies while on vacation in Suffolk. :D

Mary Ann Tate said...

A very productive holiday:) I really love the red background...very effective.

Carol said...

Sounds like a lovely holiday! I love hand sewing and am presently working on a double appliqué dragonfly wallhanging ... great fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...