Monday 2 April 2012

Purple Table Runner and Mugrugs.

I was on a roll at the weekend and got this table runner finished and 4 matching mugrugs.

I loved the big flower fabric which came from a scrapbag and decided the design was best left as a larger piece.

I made 4 string blocks using all purples for the center.

I machine quilted a simple stipple......



........ and even found enough romm to quilt a few feathrs!



For the mugrugs, I fussy cut the big flower fabric and teamed each one with a string block.



So that was how I spent my weekend.  Must get back to it now  - I will have another finish on friday.
Til then
Happy Stitching
Rhianon.

PS  I'm linking up with Connie from Quilting by the River today for a linky party. So go and enjoy some more eye candy!

5 comments:

Jan Maree said...

Aw very pretty - love the purple flower fabric too.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Yes, the purple flower really is a nice setting for these.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

How beautiful! Love the strings and fabrics!!

Angie in SoCal said...

What a fabulous set in my favorite color. You do beautiful quilting, Rhianon.

VickiT said...

I wandered over from Connie's linking party and had to see your table runner and mug rugs. They are just GORGEOUS! With purple being my favorite colors I had to check them out more. They really are beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...