Thursday 15 March 2012

TGIFF - The Party Is Here ! ! !

Hello everyone.

Very exciting today becasue I am the host of todays TGIFF party.  First time I've done anything like this and I feel strangely nervous.

Anyway onto the business at hand - I have a major finish this week..........

This is my Dresden plate quilt made (mostly) with my favourite fabric - batiks!


I will be giving this to my big sister for her birthday in April.  I hope she will love it.

These photos were taken before I added the Suffolk puffs (yoyos) but it was a nice sunny day (they've been in short supply) and the quilting showed up well.

On the black fabric I quilted with Guetermann  sparkly thread.  It makes the whole quilt shimmer.




On the outer border I quilted fancy feathers using King Tut's varigated thread.  I love the thread build up as it really shows off the thread at it's best.

Detail of the back....




I do have another finish - well actually they are lots of little finishes......

These are mini mugrugs to be sold in aid of Dementia UK.  They are easy to make and measure 4" x 8". I really enjoyed making them.

So that's it for today.  If you have a finish,  please share with us and add your link at the bottom of the post. 
If you are a blogger who would be interested in hosting a TGIFF party, you can find all the details here

The TGIFF logo and link is always in my sidebar..........
Unitl the next time
Happy sewing
Rhianon.



20 comments:

Monika said...

Wow love it !!!!

Sandra Kaye said...

Great finishes!! I love your dresden plate quilt!! Hugs

M-R Charbonneau said...

Wow, it's beautiful, Rhianon! Your FMQ is amazing. I'm so jealous of your sister right now. :) Thanks for hosting TGIFF!

Kristy QP said...

Wow! Stunning quilt! The quilting is just beautiful. What a lovely gift for your sister. :)

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

You never seize to amaze me!! If by some odd chance your sister hates it; I want it!!!!!! Love it Rhianon.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a beautiful quilt! Love the batiks, can I be your sister????

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Congratulations on the great finish!! I'm sure your sister will love it. Wonderful fmq :)

Laura said...

Looks great! Congrats on a great finish and a first linky party! Thanks for hosting!

Allison said...

WOW! your quilt is amazing! beautiful fabrics, & fantastic quilting :) are those yo-yo flowers in the corners? the mug rugs are looking good, too. I hope they sell well & raise lots of money :)

The Thompsons said...

Holy cow- that quilt is gorgeous! Your quilting is fabulous and I love your choice of thread!

KristyLou said...

Oh my, you have been busy. Your quilt is AMAZING!

Celtic Thistle said...

What a gorgeous quilt, everything about it is stunning. Your sister is a lucky lady!

Bouts Choisis said...

Your quilt is beautiful - what a fabulous gift! I hope my FMQ will be as good as yours - one day!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful page, Rhianon. I never grow tired of looking at your works of art. Your color values are always 'spot on'! My eyes have feasted this day <3

Ginette said...

I love dresden plates and this is absolutely beautiful!! I love the setting you used with the sashing and your quilting is great! Your sister is so lucky!

Marlene said...

Rhianon this is absolutely gorgeous and I am sure your sister will love it. I dream of the day when I can quilt as beautifully as this.

Marsha Cooper said...

She is going to treasure it! The colors are so beautiful.
I'm late today but linked up my post. I sure wish I could have a finish each week to be able to link up with.

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on your big finish - LOVE those feather motifs!
The mug rugs are really cute. Would you mind telling me how much you are planning to charge as I'm making some for another charity. Mine aren't as fancy, but it would be interesting to know what you hope to raise. Thanks so much :)

Kerstin said...

your Quilt is stunning. I love it. Your quilting is superb.

Leah said...

Love your quilt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...